This author began building a custom visual works station in February 2021 which in turn lead to building several crypto mining rigs over the spring and summer of 2021.
The confluence of events which included the COVID-19 Pandemic, a global microchip shortage and supply chain catastrophe, a crypto currency bull market, and a NFT art boom started a journey where the natural outgrowth of the events 2020-21 and convergence of multiple interests lead to the building of a crypto currency mining rigs.
THIS ARTICLE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
Current (as of 09-01-2021) total 760MH/S.
Current roster of GPU’s
- RTX 3090 – Founders Edition
- RTX 3080 – Dell Alienware Pull
- RTX 3070 – Zotac AMP Halo
- RTX 3070 – Asus TUF Gaming
- RTX 3060 – EVGA Gaming
- RTX 3060 – Asus TUF Gaming
- RTX 3060 – MSI Gaming
- RTX 3060 – MSI Gaming Trio
- RTX 3060- Asus ROG Strix
- GTX 1660 Super – Gigabyte
- GTX 1660 Super – Asus TUF Gaming
12. Asus Strix Laptop – RTX 3070/AMD 5900
13. Asus Zephyrs Laptop – RTX 3070/AMD 5900
Asus Maximus Hero XII Z490 – Cerleon G5905 Desktop Processor 2 Cores 3.5 GHz LGA1200 – WD Black NvME SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows Pro – supporting 8 GPUS. (RTX 3090, RTTX 3080, (2x) RTX 3070, (2x) 3060, (2x) GTX 1660 Supper)
Asus Prime Z370 A-2 – Celeron G4930 2 Core 3.2 GHz LGA1151 – 16GB DDRR4 RAM, 240GB SATA SSD, Windows Pro – supporting 2 GPU’s (2 x RTX 3060)
Gigabyte Auros X570 Pro Wifi ITX – Supporting 1 GPU (RTX 3060)
Dell 1000 watt Alienware pull.
EVGA Super Nova 750 watt
Coolermaster SFX 750 watt.
T-Rex Miner Best Open Source Miner for eth, RVN, and other coins.
NiceHash Quick Miner Install, run, & collect your cash, This is the simplest all-around mining solution, but not without some caveats (NOT You Keys, NOT Your Wallet.)
DDU Graphics Card Display Driver Uninstaller Uf-fuck your Windows OS install.
MSI Afterburner.GPU Over/Under-clocking
HWINFO Comprehensive Hardware Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting for Windows and DOS.
Some notes on mining with RTX 3060 GPUS.
The Revision 1 RTX 3060’s are known as nerfed GPU’s, this differs from the LHR (Lite Hash Rate) revisions of the RTX line. To circumvent the nerf imposed on running the daggerhashimoto algorithm and to realize the full 50 MH/S some work-arounds need to be met. Here are the rules on mining at full hash rates with 3060’s
- Nivida 470 Beta Drivers.
- The GPU must be in a 16x or 8x speed PCI-E lane on the host motherboard. The rules for PCI-E lane splitting will differ according to boards and chipsets. See the Dizzy Miner roaster of known motherboards that will run one to multiple 3060’s at full hash rates.
- The 3060 GPU needs a legitimate video output. Hook them up to monitors or use HDMI dummy plugs
Some notes on Windows based mining.
- Install Windows and turn off automatic updates. Use the services control panel.
- Increase Windows virtual memory size 40,000 MB per GPU. See “About this PC > Performance tab”
- Disable automatic driver installation – Use device manager.
- Disable Windows Defender – Virus Protection and Network Settings.
Some notes on GPU Riser Cards.
- Never power riser cards with SATA connections. See Red Fox Crypto’s excellent video on how to power riser cards.